If you’re looking for a powerful social sharing plugin to help you boost social shares, engagement, traffic, and conversion, then Social Warfare is the only plugin you need to use, here’s why.
Back in 2015, I decided to switch social sharing plugins for this website.
If you’re a long-time reader of the Magnet4Blogging Media blog, you may remember that I used to run the Easy Social Sharing Buttons plugin on this site.
Since switching over to the Social Warfare plugin, however, I’ve really not looked at any another social sharing plugin.
And let me be honest with you, there’s quite a few to choose from these days, both free and premium. We have Sumo Share, Mashshare, WP social and many more.
So why did I change to this particular plugin?
Well, before I decided to switch I had already heard so many great things about Social Warfare.
One particular feature that really stood out for me was the fact that it was lightening fast to load.Social Warfare is the fastest, most complete Social Sharing plugin available for WordPressClick To Tweet
Being a web designer obsessed with website performance and conversions, I had to give this plugin a try.
So as the story goes I changed from Easy Social Sharing Buttons from CodeCanyon to the Social Warfare plugin by Social Warfare.
Note: I originally wrote this review way back in 2015, however, quite a few things have changed since. So below you will find my fully revised 2017 review of Social Warfare.
What is Social Warfare?
Social Warfare is a complete premium-quality social sharing plugin for hosted WordPress websites.
The plugin was created by three very talented guys; Nicholas Cardot, Dustin Stout, and Jason Wiser.
All three of these Gentlemen have extensive background knowledge and experience in content creation, product design, and development.
What they have done with the creation of Social Warfare, is taken something that already filled a gab in the market, and made it a millions times better.
Like I said, there are already a dozen social sharing plugins available to choose from out there.
Who can use this plugin?
Social Warfare is for anyone looking for a simple yet powerful and elegant way to add social sharing buttons to their WordPress website.
In addition, the premium version of this plugin comes with additional features and options which makes the plugin perfect for anyone serious about social media optimization for their content.
What problems will Social Warfare help you overcome?
Once again, there’s a host of other social plugins available out there, so what makes using Social Warfare, instead of those others, so special?
Firstly, lightweight code and optimized for performance makes Social Warfare blazing fast. That’s the first selling point in my opinion.
So, if you’re tired of waiting around for your website or blog to load because of your current social plugin, change to Social Warfare, problem solved. Or at least one of the problems of your ‘slow loading site‘ solved.
Additionally, the premium version comes with many useful built-in on-page, social optimization options, which we’ll look at next.
Tell me more about the features?
Social Warfare is crammed with a host of powerful tools and optimization features. These include the following –
- Beautifully crafted, fully customizable social sharing buttons. The design of these buttons is simply gorgeous.
- Global button display/positioning options, including manual placement.
- Floating buttons.
- Display Twitter counts.
- Optimized pinterest images.
- Fully customizable tweets.
- Click-to-Tweet boxes to insert into your content. Eliminating the need to install additional plugins.
- Twitter cards.
- Popular posts widget organized by the total number of social shares per post.
- Fully responsive design making buttons look great on mobile devices.
- Handy shortcodes available.
- Built-in Frame Buster to protect your content from being used for promotional purposes, and much more.
I want to share with you just a few of my favorite features in this plugin now.
#1. Button customization and display options
With Social Warfare, you can customize your social sharing buttons just the way you want it to look, and there are over 5,000 potential style combinations to work through using the Visual Options.
In addition to styling, you can position your buttons almost anywhere you want on your site/page, simply by selecting the placement options available, or manually placing the buttons into your posts or pages yourself using shortcodes.
#2. Click-to-Tweet boxes
I really love this feature. Before now, I would have had to install a separate plugin just to add Click-To-Tweet boxes into my content, with Social Warfare premium, however, this feature is built right in.
#3. Hover Pin-it button
Another one of my favorite features available in the Pro version is the easy-to-use Hover to Pin button. Enabling this means anyone can pin images straight to their Pinterest boards, thus helping you to drive traffic from Pinterest.
#4. Popular Posts Widget
One of the coolest features, I think in Social Warfare Pro is the Popular Posts widget.
You can drop this widget straight into your blog’s sidebar or footer area to display your most popular posts by the total number of social shares.
You can also choose a specific network to base your post’s popularity on. See image below.
Those are my favorite features of Social Warfare Pro, if you want to check out the full list of Pro features in Social Warfare, simply click here.
What’s the pros and cons?
- Clean, modern, attractive design of buttons.
- Built with performance in mind, quick loading and won’t slow down your site.
- Fully customizable, with over 5,000 possible style combinations for your buttons.
- Amazing built-in features, including “Click to Tweet” and “Frame Buster”.
- Lots of buttons placement and display options, including manual placement.
- ACTIVATE TWITTER COUNTS to show Tweet counts!
- A free version of this plugin available from the WordPress plugins repository.
- Affordable Pro add-on available giving you access to tons of extra options, features, support and updates, only $29 for single use license (per year)
- Google Analytics tracking.
- So simple to install and configure.
- Extensive knowledge database and great customer support (Premium).
- If you want to continue receiving updates for this plugin, you have to renew your subscription each year.
- Very occasionally conflicts with other plugins, stopping some of the features working properly. However, Social Warfare team are usually quick to fix bugs.
How much is Social Warfare?
Once again, there’s a free version of this plugin available from here.
Single site – If you wish to purchase the Pro Add-ons to gain access to the extra features, support and updates, as you’ve probably read from the above list of pros, Social Warfare Premium is very affordable at just $29 per year for a single site license.
Up to 5 sites – If you want to use Social Warfare Premium on up to 5 sites, it will cost you $135 per year.
For up to 10 websites – Then it’ll cost your $250 per year.
For me, the Social Warfare Premium plugin fills in huge gaps all the other social sharing plugins have failed to do.
Built in social optimization tools, click to tweet feature, twitter cards, twitter counts and so on, no other social sharing tool really provides this much value.
I love it and will continue to use it for many more years to come. I highly recommend you check it out too for your WordPress website or blog.
Where can I download or buy this plugin?
Download the free stripped down version of the plugin here, and click the button below to purchase the Social Warfare Pro Add-ons.