I sold my first eBook on Payhip way back in 2015. Since then, I’ve been hooked on using the platform. Payhip, for me, is a simple and most affordable solution for promoting and selling my eBooks online.
When it comes to selling digital products online, I’ve used quite a few platforms in my time.
Let me see now, I’ve used E-Junkie, Fiverr, and a few others to mention. In fact, in this post I wrote a while back, I shared 8 popular platforms to sell your eBooks on.
I’ve not used the Amazon Kindle Publishing as of yet, however, I’m still working on that one.
So, In this blog post, I want to share with you my personal review of the platform that I’ve been using for the last 4 years, Payhip.
Have you heard of them?
We’ll take a look at the features and I’ll also share with you the benefits I’ve personally gained from using Payhip to sell my eBooks.
Let’s get to it.
What is Payhip?
If you’re not familiar with this platform, Payhip is an e-commerce website that provides members with the simplest tools and solutions for hosting and selling digital products directly to their customers online.
The company was co-founded by Abs Farah and Kahin Farah and is currently based in my capital city of London.
The one thing I love about Payhip is that there’s no waiting around to get paid!
What are the benefits of using Payhip?
Each online platform is different, and as I said, I’ve used a few of them in the past.
For me, having a platform that is so simple to use and one that does not take a huge amount of my precious time is important.
Payhip will save you a lot of time because everything is hosted and configured on the Payhip website.
The benefits that I’ve personally gained from using Payhip include –
- EU VAT is taken care of, which is a big plus in my book as I don’t have the time or resource to figure out how and where to set up individual VAT for EU countries.
- It’s affordable. The website takes a very small fee of 5% per transaction when I sell a digital product, and zero monthly fees (Basic account). PayPal and Stripe charge their own fees too.
- I get access to analytics reports.
- Access to marketing tools. You have the option to create coupons and social discounts.
- I have the ability to signup, manage and reward your own affiliates.
- Access to product sharing tools. Plus you can embed your product and Buy Now buttons right on your website or blog.
- The ability to setup mailing lists so that your customers can subscribe and stay up to date with your digital products, and more.
- Instant digital product delivery via email link to buyers.
When hosting a brand new product in Payhip, you also have access to advanced options which include –
- To make your product private.
- Add an ISBN (Internation Standard Book Number) for your eBook.
- Upload a few preview or sample pages.
- Add a limit number to how many copies of your product or eBook can be sold.
- Generate a unique license key for each of your product/eBook sales.
- Memorable URL to your Payhip shop for you to promote!
How much does it cost to use Payhip?
Payhip will cost you nothing to set up or even host your digital products. As mentioned above, the website takes only 5% commission per transaction fee for a Basic Account.
Other plans include –
- A Standard Plan – $29 per month (Unlimited digital downloads, membership plans, and revenue. Plus 2% transaction fee. Stripe and PayPal have their own fees.)
- A Professional Plan – $99 per month (Same as Standard plan but with zero transaction fees, however, Strip and PayPal have their own fees.)
Things I love and hate about using Payhip
Let’s start with the things that I love most about using Payhip –
- Easy to set up and forget about.
- Easy to update files when I need to.
- My customers are emailed a link to download their digital product/eBook instantly after purchase.
- Earnings from eBook sales are paid instantly and directly into my PayPal or Stripe account.
- Having access to useful marketing tools.
- EU VAT is taken care of, saving me an enormous amount of time.
- Ability to update my customers with the latest revisions of my eBooks if they choose to signup.
OK, so what about the things I hate?
- Really? I can’t think of anything that I actually dislike about using Payhip, I’m so sorry if that sounds so biassed.
So, where can you signup?
If you’re interested in signing up to Payhip to sell your eBook or any other type of digital product, you can signup by hitting the button below. It’s completely free to signup too.
How I host my eBooks in Payhip?
So, I don’t have a vast library of eBooks to sell, personally. Once I have my eBooks ready in PDF format, I simply create a new product in Payhip and add a cover photo and a sample of my eBook. Just two or three pages will do fine.
I also write a unique description of my eBook with a list of the chapters that are included, along with some none-salesy marketing blurb.
Then, I select the categories, add a price for my eBook and hit publish.
That is it, it’s as easy as that.
What else can you do with Payhip?
You might have noticed I mentioned something about memberships, well, with Payhip you can create simple memberships for your business.
This is a relatively new feature added to Payhip, and so I won’t dive too deep into this, rather I will let you watch the video below that I created on how to use the membership tools in Payhip!
Are there any other similar sites like Payhip?
Sure, you can check out this post to learn about 7 other similar websites you can use to sell your eBook online.
Are you ready to start using Payhip to sell your eBooks?
Well, there you have it, my personal and bloat-free review and overview of Payhip, and why I love using this platform to sell my eBooks.
There is no point in me waffling on about the service because it’s a simple enough solution for authors and digital product creators to use, I think.
Once again, if you want to signup, just hit the red button above to get started.
Oh, before I forget, if you’re interested in checking out my Ultimate Blog Planner eBook for sale on Payhip, you can check it out here.
Affiliate disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links to the Payhip services which I use in my business and therefore recommend. This means if you click on an affiliate link and signup to the service, I may earn a small commission for each eBook you sell using the Payhip platform, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your continued support.