I sold my first eBook on Payhip way back in 2015. Since then, I’ve been hooked on using the platform. Payhip, for me, is a simple and affordable solution for promoting and selling my eBooks online.
When it comes to selling digital products online, I’ve used quite a few platforms in my time.
I’ve not used the Amazon Kindle Marketplace as of yet, however, I’m still working on that one.
There are quite a few platforms out there that you can sign up to and try these days. In fact, in this post I wrote a while back, I shared 8 of those popular platforms.
So, In this blog post, I want to share with you my personal review of the platform that I’ve been using for the last 3 years, Payhip.
Have you heard of it?
We’ll take a look at the features and I’ll also share with you the benefits I’ve personally gained from using Payhip to sell my eBooks online.
Let’s get to it.
What is Payhip?
Payhip is an e-commerce platform/website that provides users with the simplest tools and solutions for hosting and selling digital products directly to their customers online.
The company was co-founded by Abs Farah and Kahin Farah and is currently based in my capital city of London.
What are the benefits of using Payhip?
Each online platform is different, and I’ve used a few of them in the past.
For me, having a platform that is so simple to use and one that does not take a huge amount of my precious time is of paramount importance.
Payhip will save you a lot of time too because everything is taken care of on the Payhip platform.
The benefits that I’ve gained the most from using Payhip include –
- EU VAT is taken care of, which is a big plus in my book.
- Affordable. The website takes zero fees asides from 5% per transaction when you sell a digital product.
- Access to analytics reports.
- Access to marketing tools. You have the option to create coupons and social discounts.
- Ability to signup, manage and reward your own affiliates.
- Access to product sharing tools. Plus you can embed your product and Buy Now buttons right on your website or blog.
- The ability to setup mailing lists so that your customers can subscribe and stay up to date with your digital products, and more.
- Instant digital product delivery via email link to buyers.
When creating a new product in Payhip, you also have access to advanced options which include –
- Make your product private.
- Add an ISBN (Internation Standard Book Number) for your eBook.
- Upload a few preview or sample pages.
- Add a limit number to how many copies of your product or eBook can be sold.
- Generate a unique license key for each of your product/eBook sales.
How much does it cost?
Payhip will cost you nothing to set up or even host your digital products. The website takes only 5% commission per transaction fee.
Things I love and hate about using Payhip
Let’s start with the things that I love most about using Payhip –
- Easy to setup and forget about.
- Easy to update files when I need to.
- My customers are emailed a link to download their digital product/eBook instantly after purchase.
- Earnings from eBook sales are paid instantly and directly into my PayPal account.
- Having access to useful marketing tools.
- EU VAT is taken care of, saving me an enormous amount of time.
- Ability to update my customers with latest revisions of my eBooks if they choose to signup.
OK, so what about the things I hate?
- Really? I can’t think of anything that I dislike about using Payhip, sorry.
So, where can you signup?
If you’re interested in signing up to Payhip to sell your eBook or any other type of digital product, you can signup by hitting the button below. It’s completely free to signup too.
How I roll with Payhip
So, I don’t have a vast library of eBooks to sell, personally. But the small handful that I do have for sale, for me, using Payhip is simple.
Once I have my eBooks ready in PDF format, I simply create a new product in Payhip and add a cover photo and a sample of my eBook. Just two or three pages will do fine.
I also write a unique description of my eBook with a list of the chapters that are included, along with some marketing blurb.
Then, I select the categories, add a price for my eBook and hit publish.
That is it, it’s as easy as that.
Are there any other similar sites like Payhip?
Sure, you can check out this post to learn about 7 other similar websites you can use to sell your eBook online.
Are you ready to start using Payhip to sell your eBooks?
So there you have it, a simple review and overview of Payhip, and why I love using this platform to sell my eBooks.
There is no point in me waffling on about the service because it’s a simple enough solution for eBook authors, I think.
Once again, if you want to signup, just hit the red button above to get started.
Oh, before I forget, if you’re interested in checking out my Ultimate Blog Planner eBook for sale on Payhip, you can check it out here.
Affiliate disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links to the Payhip services which I use in my business and therefore recommend. This means if you click on an affiliate link and signup to the service, I may earn a small commission for each eBook you sell using the Payhip platform, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your continued support.