Blogging is a lifetime education, I say this over and over again. We read countless blogs, books, download free content, listen to podcasts and watch videos, and we even enrol in online courses to help us with what ever it is we want to do.
Over the last 5 years of my blogging career, I’ve enrolled into countless online courses, some useful, some a total waste of time and money I won’t lie. Some the courses I took were free, and some were paid.
The great thing about taking an online course is that you can go through them at your own pace, in your own time, and in the comfort of your own surroundings, whether that’s at home, sat in a coffee shop or maybe even whilst being on vacation.
If you genuinely want to expand your knowledge and skills, and become smarter at blogging, I would definitely recommend you consider enrolling in a few online courses this year, or make it your goal to do it in 2016.
But what courses are actually available for bloggers?
Glad you asked that question, because below I’ve outlined some valuable online courses for bloggers and marketers that I believe is worth a look in.
Before you email me to ask me, yes! each of these courses below I’ve had the immense pleasure in completing at some point in my journey, so here they are.
- 31 Days To Build A Better Blog – OK probably not a course and more a workbook for that fact, but one thing’s for sure, the 31 days to build a better blog challenge is an “actionable eBook course” in my opinion. Each day there’s something new and cool to do to help you take your blog from zero to hero. The author Darren Rowse from ProBlogger has done a grand job with this book which has found immense success over the years, and helped thousands of bloggers. Ultimately this book course is aimed at all new and intermediate bloggers wanting to kick start their blog, and in the right direction too.
- Build A Blog Community – This is a course put together by my very good friend Adrienne Smith, whom I’ve been connected with online for a good few years now. Adrienne is considered to be the queen of engagement in her niche, if you don’t believe me, go check out how many comments this lady receives over on her blog, per blog post at AdrienneSmith.net. I took Adrienne’s course back late last year (2014), and I do keep going back to it to refresh myself on those all important techniques, ideas and strategies to help me grow my blogging tribe. If you want to connect with your readers and build a huge, loyal audience for your blog too, a real community, then do check out this course. Check out my review here.
- Video Traffic Academy – This is another power course put together by video marketing super-star James Wedmore. The course itself is a good few years old now, but the content is frequently updated and still offers a lot of educational value for bloggers and marketers wanting to grasp a better understanding of video marketing, and how it can be used to grow their business. If you have the time and $97 to invest in this course, it comes highly recommended.
- Rapid Landing Pages – Rapid landing pages is a free landing page building course for bloggers and marketers. It was created by Shane Melaugh co-creator of Thrive Themes. The course teaches you a unique system for building landing pages quickly. Shane also explains why speed is crucially more important than quality when creating a landing page. It’s a free course guys, there’s nothing to lose and everything to gain, so do check it out. For more information check this page out.
- Content Marketing On Steroids – Finally peeps I want to mention about a great video course that is really so essential to bloggers and online marketers TODAY, that I simply can’t recommend it enough. Content Marketing On Steroids was created by my good friend Kostas Chiotis from Iris Signals. The course will teach you everything YOU need to know about implementing some of the best content marketing practices, techniques and ideas, in the most effective way possible. Your blog visitors will feel compelled to take action! Once again, tons of great value here so do check it out. You can read my review here.
So these are my top 5 recommended courses for bloggers for now, but will come back and update this post in the future for sure, I’m positive that I’ll come across a few more great courses in my blogging journey to share with you.
If you recently enrolled in an online course yourself that you think the readers here would be interested in checking out, please do send me an email and I’ll check it out, maybe I’ll add it to the list above if I think it’s great.
Have a great rest of the week peeps, happy blogging and stay safe!
Get a pro blog design, let me help you realise your blog’s potential with a custom WordPress blog design, read here for more info.