Creating a great looking custom homepage for your WordPress website just became easier than ever before.
Almost every modern website and blog will now boast a customized static homepage, and for good reasons too.
Using a customized homepage is a perfect opportunity to showcase your business, what it stands for, and to provide an overview of your core products, services, and incentives.
Over the recent years, blogs too have taken the ‘custom homepage’ approach. A dedicated homepage is a great way to showcase your best content, as well as your offerings, and to get people onto your blog subscriber list.
Designing a great looking custom page is easy
If you think that designing a static homepage for your blog or website means you have to go out and find a costly web designer, then think again.
Thanks to a range of easy-to-use website building tools available today, WordPress website owners can do the job themselves.
I’m not entirely sure if that’s good news for web designers like myself, however, if there’s a way to save time and money, you know I’m all for ranting about it.
Why should you consider creating a custom homepage for your website
Whether you choose to design your homepage yourself or outsource the service, there are five main reasons to use a custom front-page, here they are –
- To give a professional look and feel to your blog or website.
- To better define your marketing message.
- To improve your SEO with well-written copy.
- To showcase your best content.
- To drive visitors to your website’s primary conversion goal.
How to design and publish your own custom homepage in WordPress
I’ll assume that your WordPress website or blog is a self-hosted setup. That’s important, because the tool I use in the video below, only works with self-hosted WordPress websites.
OK, so in this first Thrive Architect tutorial video below, I’ll show you how you can design, build, and publish a professional looking purposeful personalized homepage for your website in no time at all.
Let’s get to it.
The tools I used to create the homepage design
Now for the interesting part.
The main tool that I used to build this home landing page is a plugin called Thrive Architect.
If you’re NOT new to WordPress and plugins, you’ll know what a plugin is and you might even have come across this tool too.
If not, then let me describe it to you very quickly.
Thrive Architect is a powerful, all-in-one, professional, drag-and-drop landing page builder tool, like nothing else out there.
It comes with a host of amazing options and features, including plenty of modern website design elements, layout options, and even a bunch of great looking pre-designed templates.
Where can you find the homepage featured in the video tutorial
Here’s a screenshot of the final homepage I designed in the video.
If you’re interested in using this professional template on your WordPress website, you can purchase it here from my template store.
List of template features –
- Full hero section with menu and logo area.
- 3 x column area for your offerings.
- Special featured area for a core product, service or testimonial.
- Split page image/text with bullet points.
- ‘As seen on’ featured area for influential proof.
- 4 x column footer section.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this homepage design tutorial, and if you have any questions regarding it or WordPress design in general, please leave me a comment below, or contact me via my contact page here.
- How to plan your next website or blog design project
- How to create a full-width footer hero section in Genesis
- Adding a custom Favicon in Genesis theme without using a plugin
- Genesis Design Palette Pro review: Simple Genesis theme customizer