Back when I started this blog in late 2013 I was using a social sharing button plugin called, Easy Social Share Buttons.
Currently I’m using the Social Warfare plugin and I absolutely love it. However if you’re looking for a more cost effective way to add professional social sharing buttons to your WordPress site, and with a ton of powerful tools and features, you’re going to love ESSB plugin.
Before discovering this little plugin…
Before I started using the Easy Social Share Buttons plugin, like a lot of other bloggers and WordPress users I was using the Digg Digg social plugin. This was one of the better free social plugins to use at the time, and as far as free plugins go, it’s still a great plugin.
The problem with a lot of free social plugins these days though is that you’re stuck with limited options. There was only one template available, and these days folks love to have some design options at their fingertips.
With the Digg Digg button for instance you can’t change templates or change the button designs without implementing some code work. In addition, if you wanted more options for displaying the buttons on your blog pages, posts etc, there weren’t any. You could either place buttons floating, or place them at the top, or top and bottom of posts.
When I discovered the Easy Social Sharing Buttons plugin, I was blown away by the options, tools and other great features it boasted at the time.
The Easy Social Share Buttons plugin was created by Appscreo and is currently available to buy on the CodeCanyon, Envato Marketplace at just $19. As of time of updating this post, the plugin is in it’s 3rd revision. So let’s take a look at what this plugin has to offer.
- It’s cross browser compatible and works with the very latest version of WordPress.
- You have 35 social network sites to choose from plus the ability to add Print, Email and Share buttons.
- You have 12 native social buttons with the added options to customise them even further.
- You get 22 built-in templates to choose from.
- You have 18 display locations to choose from and powerful short code generator, see image below. (Another big bonus)
- You get 4 button and 11 counter styles to choose from, and 6 total counter styles.
- You get powerful social metric tools and analytics.
- You can add a social fans counter in your sidebar.
- You have access to other more advanced custom share and other administrative options.
- Buttons can be added to any types of content; from blog posts to landing pages, static pages to product pages as the plugin is compatible with most ecommerce plugins, including WooCommerce. You can also disable social sharing on individual posts and pages.
- Plus much more…
This plugin truly has way too many features and options for me to list them all in this post, however you can learn more about some of the advanced features and social metric tools and customisation options here. If you look at the screen shot above, you’ll see just how overwhelming those options are. Options include:
- Display settings – This tab enables you to choose where you’d like to have your social share buttons visible, as well as where on the page you’d like to place your buttons, side bar, float and pop-up settings plus more…
- Advanced settings – Some advanced options allowing you to activate or deactivate on mobile, native buttons and more…
- Style settings – The style settings tab gives you options for customising colour, effects of your social buttons and much more…
- Short code generator – This option allows you to select and re-order networks that you want to add shortcode to.
- Analytics dashboard – This option allows you to study overall and month statistics such as clicks and activity for each social networks.
- Ability to import and export settings – You can also import and export configurations as well as backup and restore your settings should you wish to.
- Updates – Prompts you when there are new updates of the plugin available (activation key is required, you receive this when you purchase Easy Social Share Buttons).
I’d have to say that my favourite feature on this plugin is the templates options, and the fact you can customise those templates even further.
And I also love the fact that there are many options for where you can actually display the social sharing buttons on any page or post. What I also love is that if you didn’t want to show sharing buttons on a particular page or post, perhaps you have a product download page, or members only pages on your blog, you can simply turn them off in the editor. Check out the screen shot below for options to place social buttons.
My final verdict
I know I’ve kept this review quite short, but overall this is a great little plugin to have on your WordPress site, especially if you don’t really want to pay the $25 reoccurring annual payment to use the Social Warfare plugin.
Currently 12,000 WordPress sites have this plugin installed, and as you can see from the massive customisation and configuration options you have, you really are getting a lot for the regular license fee of $19 you’re paying out for this plugin.
The extended license allows you to use Easy Social Share Buttons on both yours and clients websites, and will set you back $95. Click here for more information.
Anything bad to say?
If I had one bad thing to say about this plugin, it would probably be this: Sometimes navigating around the tabs and options can get pretty overwhelming, it takes a little while to familiarise yourself with every feature this plugin has to offer, but really? Is that a bad thing?
You can grab Easy Social Share Buttons Plugin for just $19 for your blog here.